Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) caused by bacteria and is the leading sexually transmitted disease in the United States with an estimated 4 million new cases occurring each year. Symptoms of this disease are: abnormal discharge from the sexual organs and pain during urination. Fifty percent of women and twenty five percent of infected men may not experience any symptoms. The good news is, just like there’s a treatment for cancer and that there’s a way of reversing diabetes, there’s also a way of treating Chlamydia. As far as western science is concerned, this can be treated with antibiotics health supplements. Although, historically, there have been natural remedies that have proven useful to the body combating a chlamydial infection. Healthy New Age’s holistic health newsletter on healthynewage.com gives us a low down on this disease.
Lifestyle Changes – Natural Remedies for Chlamydia
Safe sex is one possible lifestyle change that can be a natural remedy for Chlamydia. Abstain from sexual contact, talk to any prospective sexual partner about his/her sexual history and the possibility of infection, avoid sexual contact whenever STD is suspected, and always use a condom until the threat of STD exposure is eliminated.
There are also beneficial dietary health supplements for helping the body fight viruses and bacteria, which may also help speed up the recovery from Chlamydia:
• Garlic, either taken as natural foods or as health supplement acts as a natural antibiotic and aids healing.
• Kelp, another health food is a rich source of minerals.
• Vitamin B Complex is needed for proper functioning of the liver and gastrointestinal tract. Eat natural foods rich in these health vitamins or take in Vitamin B complex health vitamins supplement products.
• Eat natural foods rich in Vitamin C or take in capsule health vitamins supplements as it aids healing.
• Natural foods rich in vitamin E protect red blood cells and enhance the immune system. You can also substitute it for a health vitamins supplement product if you’re not big on eating natural foods.
• Acidophilis replenishes friendly bacteria destroyed by antibiotics.
• Co Enzyme Q10 supplements aids in healing and stimulates the immune system.
Other Natural Home Remedies for Chlamydia
According to herbalists and alternative medicine therapists, certain natural home remedies that involve the use of herbs are known to be highly efficient in conjunction with conventional medical therapies, to drive off infection and enhance the immune system. Herbalists recommend the use of herbal remedies; however care must be taken when taking herbal remedy for Chlamydia as modern science does not advocate some herbs to be safe for use. The herbs for treating the disease are believed to be non-addictive and also deal with overall health and well being.
Some of the natural home remedies recommended by herbalists include the use of Hypoxis Rooperi extracts (also known as African Potato), extracts of Agathosma Betulina, peppermint oil and extracts of Solidago (also referred to as Goldenrod). These herbal extracts are believed to enhance the healthy performance of the immune system and fortify the instinctive ability of the body to combat infection. Other known herbs as natural remedies for Chlamydia include extracts of mistletoe, extracts of hawthorn, extracts of Schizandra Sinesis, extracts of the milk vetch or Astralagus Membranaceus and extracts of olive leaf. Echinacea and Goldenseal herbal remedies also work well together to help in the natural healing of Chlamydia.
Importance of Doing Natural Cures for Chlamydia
There are three critical reasons why it is so important to have a natural cure or natural remedy to take care of and prevent yeast overgrowth:
1. Even after the Chlamydia bacteria is killed, if yeast overgrowth has occurred, this condition alone makes one vulnerable to contracting HIV and other serious, incurable STDs. Antibiotics supplements seriously comprise the immune system and this leaves one prey to other diseases, including cancer. But the long-term consequences of not getting Chlamydia treatment are serious also.
2. Chronic yeast overgrowth leads to Yeast (Candida) Syndrome, which is a whole body, systemic infection that affects every major organ in the body. This is a crippling, debilitating condition that requires long-term treatment to recover.
3. Yeast infection is a STD all by itself. Sexual partners transfer the yeast infection back and forth to each other creating a frustrating, vicious infection cycle.
Recommended Supplements to Take
The following supplements are know to aid in the fight against Sexually Transmitted Disease – Chlamydia. Keep in mind that not every nutrient or supplement you swallow is absorbed by your body! Please read carefully the tab on the top of this page called HEALTH RESOURCES! It will explain to you why it is important to take the right supplements and nutrients. Our recommendations below we feel will give you the best possible nutrients and supplements on the market!
Essential Nutrients and Herbs to Take:
Please check with your doctor before taking any supplements, and also read the warning labels on each product, especially if you are pregnant or breast-feeding. In addition, read the labels carefully when giving your child any natural supplement, to ensure that it is safe to give a child.